Thursday, June 11, 2009

To many hours not enough time

Hi all you wonderful caregivers out there. I'm at work (don't tell my boss). I have already put in 12 hours today and now am pulling an 8 hour overnight, just to do another 12 hours tomorrow and again an 8 hour overnight. It seems that there are too many people who need loving care and not enough to supply it. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to have the hours and the people I am caring for I already have learned to love them, sleep? who needs that. My husband came home from our trip to Utah and got sick. He is running a temp and loosing his voice so when I am at home I need to take care of him also.( by the way did I tell you we live on a small farm with animals) It's all in a days work for the "care giver" Now I just have to remember my rubber gloves, some food to eat and a few Depends.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can take it easy this weekend. Sometimes it's good to work a lot of hours-Get some wealth. You get a bigger paycheck, and you have no time to spend any of it. [win-win}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work, work, work. Is that all you ever do? If it's not one thing, it's two or three others, right? I hope Dad feels better soon. And don't work too hard, or you'll end up sick as well.

    ReplyDelete

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.