Saturday, June 13, 2009

The real caregiving begins

Well you always knew it would happen and today was the day. After pulling an all nighter I went to my sweet little lady for the day. We needed to go to the eye doctor but mother natures movement had not happened yet , for the day. You guessed it, on the way she had an accident in her pants. I got her into the bathroom at the medical center, parked the car, went hunting in the car for extra pants and found none. No gloves, no under garments. I ran to the pharmacy in the building, and using my own money bought some "depends" I asked if the pharmacist had any gloves and I was shown the box on the aisle. I ran up to the public restroom and started to try and clean up. The toilet, floor and my sweet little lady was covered. Grabbing a waste basket liner from the hall I filled it with ----------yuck. I mopped up and wiped up and we were only five minutes late. What a way to start the day. We now have supplies in the vehicle. Just another day in the care giving field.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck to the story! Yay to the blog! I am so proud of your journaling and we're excited to stay current with your life. Since I don't have a blog, you'll have to join facebook soon to check out the Allen clan. My kids say "Hi." Love you!

    ReplyDelete

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.