Monday, May 24, 2010

Never knowing when

So, my care job is mixing everyone up in hopes of giving people 40 weeks and insurance and with my luck I now have been cut to 12 hours. I always can do call offs but then I never know when I'm working. They took my little old man away and gave be back a lady I started with last year. It's hard to give good care if you don't know where you are going and when and these 12 hour shifts they want us to have is very hard. Now the day care center have really made it difficult. Now they don't tell me when I work either and they called when I was already at the other job. Just because I'm flexible I get screwed ( pardon my french (what ever that means)). I think about quitting when I get called to work with some sweet person who needs someone to help them, then I sucked back in. My heart just reaches out to the helpless. Hey, talking about helpless, I got a new cat. Just thought I would throw that in. Well that is the life of this caregiver.

1 comment:

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.