Saturday, November 14, 2009

still caring, just different

A new post, something to say, or just some communication sent out into the universe. Well I had to quit the nursing home, I wasn't forced or anything like that, I just couldn't take it anymore. ( and I got another job offer that was just to good to be true) Oh I still work over night, but this time I am working for only one person. A woman who is 99 and just needs a little help at night so she doesn't fall. She is continent but thinks she has to go to the bathroom every 15 min. Her daughters are going to be the problem. Yeah she has six daughters all nurses and all have their own ideas on how to "raise" their mother. One wants no television, the other wants her mother forced to sit ,with feet elevated, and wait at least an hour before going, Then there is the younger daughter, who live with her mother right now and is still working in an nursing home, who says to do any thing I want. This is going to be an interesting job. Oh as far as care giving is going, my husband had an accident at work and broke 2 fingers and 12 stitches, and now he thinks he has gout in it also. Got to take care of him. I think that is what he has wanted for a while. I'm going to miss all the people that have touched my life in this short time, I hope I have touched theirs for some good. Life just keeps on going and going and going........ that's the life of a caregiver

1 comment:

  1. I hope Richard's hand heals quickly. Sounds like you're getting some really great work experience.

    ReplyDelete

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.