Monday, November 30, 2009

Have I lost my job?

I pulled myself out of the house to go to work, Sunday, to fill in a 7-7 shift at my sweet little 99 year old charge. It was a normal night of up and downs and was very tired when no one showed up at 7:am.n I contacted my agency to inform them and then the phone started ringing. It was one of the daughters, wondering why I was working, they had canceled the care for last night or so they thought. Then I got the call to leave the house and go into the office. The family has decided they wanted to try and take care of their mother them selves because it cost too much money for me. They wanted a older person to be steady and a companion for their mother but they didn't want to have to pay for it ,I guess. Well the agency is going to find work for me but I don't know who or when.
I thought I finally found a great job and now I'm back to step one. If it had been caused by illness or death I guess I could understand, maybe if this was a new process for the family I might of understood that also, but at this time of year and what they have asked for to think that maybe they would try again to care for their mother, themselves. I just don't know. Being a care giver is not always a secure position, but it is not easy either. Well I guess I will take this time to straighted up my own home and maybe decorate the house.( it hasn't been done in years)

2 comments:

  1. With all these short temp jobs, you are getting a multitude of experience that will help you with one great permanent job in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that. I hope you get paid anyway. I think it's good that the family wants to try to care for her. And I hope they are able to do it, because, as you said, it's definitely not easy.

    ReplyDelete

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.