Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The life of a care giver

Hey, I'm awake, but I wish I wasn't. No I haven't been working that much I'm just discouraged at my daycare job. I have never had the problem I'm facing now and I don't know what to do. I've asked for help from the families and my boss and all I got was more trouble. How do you get kids to be quiet through nap? If I rub backs I ended getting kicked and hit when I quit. I've tried bribes, but the kids don't seem to care and the threat of parents has got me nowhere. Now my boss wants me to get the kids to rest 30 minutes then they can get up and watch 30 minutes of a video. If the ones don't rest they don't get to watch and I have to watch the ones that are up and the ones that can't get up yet plus not disturbing the other class in the same room. I just don't see the logic in this, especially the fact that nap is 2 hours long and this idea only last 1 hour. Maybe I should of stayed out of daycare, there was a reason I quit 3 years ago. I just don't have the patience as I should have. I'm so discouraged. I want to retire and just work at all the stuff here in the house. I want someone to take care of me. Oh, that's just tired speaking. You understand. That is the life of a care giver.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, that is frustrating. I wouldn't know, though, as yours was the only daycare I was ever familiar with. I couldn't even get my own kids in my own home to cooperate with nap time like that. My advice is just do the best you can, and don't stir the pot. Remember you're not the one in charge; you're only there to do what you are told. Loving and enjoying the kids (which I hope you do) is just a perk.

    ReplyDelete

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.