Monday, February 15, 2010

Nothing By Mouth

Hey, I'm here. When it rains, it pours. Now I'm working two jobs again. I work at the daycare,but not full time like I should and I am working at my gentleman's house, but it is 12 hour shifts. So my schedule looks like this.......... Mon. 10a till 2p, Tue 2p-6p Wed. 2p-6p 7p-7a., Thur. 2p-6p 7p-7a Fri. 2p-6p 7p-7a , and so forth. I can't quit one till one starts giving me enough hours so for the time being I am working and giving up sleep for Lent. I've been told that is how it works in the caring business because you never know what is going to happen with clients. Patients die or move n to nursing homes and children come and go with schools and parents employment. Do I need to move on? Then where do I go all I know is care giving of some sort or the other. Let me tell you about Will. The x district attorney, 92, quad bypass, pacemaker, stroke and now a feeding tube. He loves to ring his bell to get your attention then ask stupid questions. He likes to try and go to the bathroom every 15 min. We do have him out of the wheel chair but we have to unhook the feeding tube or walk with it. He really misses his nightly Manhattan and wants us give a drink even though he is NBM. well that is how it is when you work in the care giving arena.

2 comments:

  1. Work is good. Enjoy it while you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That is how it goes when you're a professional caregiver. The only certainty is uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.