Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do you know me well enough

Some times people have to get to know you before they let you help them. I got to know Erma's family a little too well so I had to quit. Now I have a old couple, they're a little on the crazy side and won't let me do much, yet, I got to vacuum today, may be, some day they'll let me do my job, for them. The other night, the Home had me working on a different floor, some of the residents let me in and then some wouldn't. I've gotten use to the floor I work on but still, let me explain, I had a talk with Max, I told him he didn't have to be scared, and just let go. Two minutes latter he took his last breathe but Fran, who I just love, wouldn't let me in at all. She told me that I would suffer for my sins. Well I guess she is right but what does that have to do with here yelling out at night ( which was why I went into her room) May be she knows me too well. Now how does a care giver do their work if the people you're to help won't let you help them, and then what is the help they really need? Do they really need me to clean, of keep them dry or do they need me just to acknowledge their existence? Some times I feel I just need to know some one just wants me there. Oh the thoughts of a care giver

1 comment:

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.