Saturday, December 4, 2010

Death

People die as differently as they live. As I sit with people who have reached the end of their life I am in awe in the way they choose to go. We have the people who just wait for it to arrive, not trying to stop death or prolong their life and again you have the ones who fight it to the end. There is allot of different meds that dieing people can use to ease the anxiety and pain. ( yes, some have allot of pain) but some refuse to see that they are dieing and can make this transaction easier. I have sat with those who are just waiting and with those who are fighting. I hope when the time comes for me that I can just except the fact and go. That is also a way to shed this mortal life, just except it and go. I have sat with families that suffer in the same ways, some fight and some just except. Families that are prepared for the death seem to enjoy those last moments with their love ones. I'm not saying that I am dieing at this moment but I do think about it. What would I do if someone I loved was in those final moments. It's a thought I feel we all need to think on at least one time in our life. How will I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On the path to insanity? Are you there yet? Let me know, leave a comment.